• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

My "soundtrack" composition

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1My "soundtrack" composition Empty My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 15:41

Cameron
Cameron
I don't know if this is really in the right section, so could someone move this for me if it's in the wrong place?

But yeah, I'm aiming to be a composer (I'm an amateur musician, a wnb of sorts) for video games, movies and series, and today I made my first composition where I aimed it to have a kind of a "movie feel". I beg to see comments, did you like it or not? Any critique?

The track isn't ready, but I would like to hear if it's even worth to continue making it.

http://soundcloud.com/escapify/flute

The instruments I used were an acoustic guitar and a very cheap recorder. I recorded the tracks with the same old 3€ mic which turned out to be very good in quality this time. For mixing I used Cool Edit Pro 2.1.

Any comments would be appreciated, and even if you wouldn't comment, just listen it once? :3

#2My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:00

SQEX
SQEX
gfx team
Listening to it now its not bad actually. And you say it's your first doing this? What software do you use for mixing sounds?

#3My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:03

Cameron
Cameron
I've done recording before and I'm new on trying to make soundtrack compositions. I used Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for recording and mixing the tracks I recorded. It's quite easy to use so I'm sticking with it currently. :3

And thank you!

#4My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:11

`black
`black
Admin
sounds good. are you thinking about transferring it to a mp3 file and making it portable?

http://www.khsite.net

#5My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:15

spice
spice
gfx team
My only critique is that it's alittle too low for my taste, if you could play directly into you're mic/recorder then it would have been perfect.

Another thing I notice, there were steadily few pause breaks every 1.238920 seconds. It was hard to follow but it's nice nonetheless.

#6My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:21

Cameron
Cameron
Salmón wrote:sounds good. are you thinking about transferring it to a mp3 file and making it portable?
Most probably going to keep it that way for a while as not downloadable, if that's what you meant.

Thanks!

Elegant Dawn wrote:My only critique is that it's alittle too low for my taste, if you could play directly into you're mic/recorder then it would have been perfect.

Another thing I notice, there were steadily few pause breaks every 1.238920 seconds. It was hard to follow but it's nice nonetheless.

I was having problems with adjusting the volume of the tracks because I feared that it would become too noisy. But I'll try better next time!

Oh, okay, I haven't noticed that. o.O But thanks for the critique, it's appreciated!

//OH, now I know what you meant! There were supposed to be pauses at the beginning but guess I'll try and see what it would sound like without them tomorrow. Stupid me. D:

#7My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-24, 16:23

spice
spice
gfx team
It's good don't get me wrong I didn't expect it to be wow factor or anything. ahaha I just kept wondering why there were pauses/breaks every so often I thought you were getting sidetrack or idk...

#8My "soundtrack" composition Empty Re: My "soundtrack" composition 2012-09-25, 17:43

Roxas
Roxas
I can agree with elegant dawn on this one, it may be low *-* but the music sounds great.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414
Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]