• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fullmetal Alchemist VS Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

xurasim
xurasim
Site Staff
So basically I love Brotherhood, it just seems so strange to me, and the opening of the anime-episode one is pretty awesome.

Also thats soly why I prefer the original FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST {if you guys seen the original} . NOT BROTHERHOOD.
If anyone wants to disagree and tell me why? I'd love to see what you guys have to say
just my opinion /

Sora
Sora
To be perfectly honest-I started reading the FMA manga half way through the original anime...So although I saw the original anime "first" technically, I found the manga to be even more invigorating than that of the first anime. It seemed to wrap around my head a LOT better then the original anime did. It's story line continually put me on the edge of my seat looking foreward to more and what would happen next-where as the first anime made me go "eh-I'll see what happens when it happens."

Plus the original anime seemed turned Rose into the first canon mary-sue I'd ever seen...And that grossed me out. I liked her a shiz load better in the manga. Dante-also-struck me as a horribly cliche and boring villian...but Father made me stop and think.

So, when Brotherhood came about and was based soley off of the manga (save for the very first episode) I was in heaven-and I absolutely LOVED it. And tbh, I actually enjoyed Brotherhood's music more then the original anime's. I caught myself humming the first opening one too many times...heh

But as was said above, the first FMA is a work of fantastical design all on it's own, and should be acredited as such. Both are awsome in their own rights, I just prefer Brotherhood for the stated reasons. Very, VERY few anime out there actually follow thier original manga storyline.

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13
Balthier
Balthier
Actually brotherhood follows closer to the manga than the anime, it also doesn't spend a long time on one subject and keeps things moving...

I prefer it over FMA... But it's not about which one is better because it's ultimately the same thing... It's like comparing an uncut apple to a cut apple... Same product just a bit different... Just enough different to prefer one over the other but not big enough to solely say you dislike it.

https://khsite.forumotion.com
risingfalls
risingfalls
Here is my take on the two series. First of all, both of them are great and each a masterpiece in its own right. But at the same time, they cannot be more different.
Brotherhood, as most should know by now, follows the manga almost panel to panel, though there are a couple of differences.
In terms of the story, because at the time when the original anime was being produced, they only had a couple of volumes worth of material to work with, so roughly the first 25 episodes of the anime was dedicated to those volumes and they aren't completely faithful adaption either, as many fillers were added. The production team obviously didn't want to add more characters as they had little episodes left to introduce them, so they took what intended in the manga as a subplot/theme, namely the creation of the philosopher stone and human transmutation and developed into a full fledged story. They had to change the nature of some of the antagonists as well as the subsequent ending as a result. The story is dark, edgy, and totally heart wrenching. If you like stories without a lot of angst, this is the exact thing for you.

Brotherhood on the other hand sped through the introduction episodes in order to get to the new material. No filler story was added, and even some of the stories in the first volume of the manga were cut out, only the essential parts crucial to the overall plot were kept. For those who have never seen the original anime, they would have little problem with the pacing. But for longtime FMA fans like myself, it probably felt very rushed. That being said, I do understand why they did that, they are on a pretty tight schedule to tell a story as complex as Brotherhood with limited budget. The journey still starts with the Elric brothers since they are the main characters, but the central plot by no means evolves around them. In a way, they weren’t even supposed to be part of the scheme until they dug their nose in the philosopher stone business. In other words, the whole conspiracy was brewing even before they got themselves involved. There are so just many subplots, all with common threads tied to the final revelation, which doesn’t really occur until episode 45ish, allowing the momentum to build up. Brotherhood has a much larger cast than FMA, and every character has its place in the story, each with their own unique background and significance. To me, the plot definitely better organized than FMA. The author obviously knew exactly what she was doing ever since chapter one because she drops hints here and there throughout the story, and if you think hard enough, you might just figure out the clues before they are revealed.

As you can tell...lol..I'm partial to Brotherhood. I do love FMA as well, but the show left me feeling a little blue and dejected. Brotherhood has its angsty moments, but it also inspires people to have hope. I really loved the way moral themes are explored in the story. Even though all the loose ends are tied up neatly in the end, it wasn't done in a way that leaves little space for thought, in fact, I finished the series contemplating the very nature of humans and our relationship to one another. I recommend both versions~

Sorry for the long rant lol

Across
Across
risingfalls wrote:Here is my take on the two series. First of all, both of them are great and each a masterpiece in its own right. But at the same time, they cannot be more different.
Brotherhood, as most should know by now, follows the manga almost panel to panel, though there are a couple of differences.
In terms of the story, because at the time when the original anime was being produced, they only had a couple of volumes worth of material to work with, so roughly the first 25 episodes of the anime was dedicated to those volumes and they aren't completely faithful adaption either, as many fillers were added. The production team obviously didn't want to add more characters as they had little episodes left to introduce them, so they took what intended in the manga as a subplot/theme, namely the creation of the philosopher stone and human transmutation and developed into a full fledged story. They had to change the nature of some of the antagonists as well as the subsequent ending as a result. The story is dark, edgy, and totally heart wrenching. If you like stories without a lot of angst, this is the exact thing for you.

Brotherhood on the other hand sped through the introduction episodes in order to get to the new material. No filler story was added, and even some of the stories in the first volume of the manga were cut out, only the essential parts crucial to the overall plot were kept. For those who have never seen the original anime, they would have little problem with the pacing. But for longtime FMA fans like myself, it probably felt very rushed. That being said, I do understand why they did that, they are on a pretty tight schedule to tell a story as complex as Brotherhood with limited budget. The journey still starts with the Elric brothers since they are the main characters, but the central plot by no means evolves around them. In a way, they weren’t even supposed to be part of the scheme until they dug their nose in the philosopher stone business. In other words, the whole conspiracy was brewing even before they got themselves involved. There are so just many subplots, all with common threads tied to the final revelation, which doesn’t really occur until episode 45ish, allowing the momentum to build up. Brotherhood has a much larger cast than FMA, and every character has its place in the story, each with their own unique background and significance. To me, the plot definitely better organized than FMA. The author obviously knew exactly what she was doing ever since chapter one because she drops hints here and there throughout the story, and if you think hard enough, you might just figure out the clues before they are revealed.

As you can tell...lol..I'm partial to Brotherhood. I do love FMA as well, but the show left me feeling a little blue and dejected. Brotherhood has its angsty moments, but it also inspires people to have hope. I really loved the way moral themes are explored in the story. Even though all the loose ends are tied up neatly in the end, it wasn't done in a way that leaves little space for thought, in fact, I finished the series contemplating the very nature of humans and our relationship to one another. I recommend both versions~

Sorry for the long rant lol

word for word, this is also my feeling! i really am not exaggerating. would like to add however, that for me personally, the brotherhood movie: sacred star of milos was very dissapointing. Both in terms of storyline and animation. both were really shoddy.

xurasim
xurasim
Site Staff
Balthier wrote:Actually brotherhood follows closer to the manga than the anime, it also doesn't spend a long time on one subject and keeps things moving...

I prefer it over FMA... But it's not about which one is better because it's ultimately the same thing... It's like comparing an uncut apple to a cut apple... Same product just a bit different... Just enough different to prefer one over the other but not big enough to solely say you dislike it.

I guess I cannot disagree with you there, and LOL I love the way you compare it to apples. Smart! I guess I might aswell just watch Brotherhood then and see the difference as a whoole, I'll admit though, both of them are quite epic! Like the transmutation and wajamacall *ignore that word I say it wen I don't no how to put it in words*
FMA will always be my No.1 though

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here