• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should religion be banned NATIONALLY

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
Do you feel as though religion is important or do you think it gets in the way of us thinking sometimes because we base our opinions around our beliefs.

What's your opinion?

`black
`black
Admin
Sgt. Pepper wrote:Do you feel as though religion is important or do you think it gets in the way of us thinking sometimes because we base our opinions around our beliefs.

What's your opinion?
Religion is apart of life, I don't think it should banned because people need it to survive ones thought of nature. It is a part of life and there characteristics.
It's important because we must face our trials along with it.

http://www.khsite.net
Churi
Churi
Admin
The problems and evils that can result from religion are obvious, so it's only natural that people would wonder if it might not be better to simply do away with it completely. There are two flaws to this solution, however. First, doesn't it commit the same sort of evil that religion is accused of doing — suppressing a "bad" idea? Second, the problems with religion are ultimately problems with human beings. As much as religion may exacerbate these problems, getting rid of religion won't get rid of the problems — they'll just pop up again elsewhere.

Religion simply gives us the Law of Life.

Most of the time in a lot of countries, we see that the government seem to make there law for citizen to abide. But religion has already got its Laws ready and set.

It is good to see in Britain they do obey some of the Laws of Christianity and other places likewise.

spice
spice
gfx team
Of course not. People must be free to think and believe as they feel the must. Therein, in fact, lies the one major problem that I have always had with missionaries - that their TRUE mission is to convert others to their own belief system. If a person wants to go out into other parts of the world and serve the interests of the less fortunate, let him do what he is able to in that regard, and quit trying to attach "religious strings" to those activities. Missionaries have been notorious, as long as they've been around, for using the trust and gratitude of the people they targeted for their "do-gooding", as a tool to simultaneously manipulate their minds and begin the work of their true mission, which was to co-erce them into abandoning their own cultures and beliefs and embrace, instead, the beliefs of the missionaries themselves.

I will not belittle the genuine good that has been done by missionaries, utilizing generous donations from the public, in support of those activities. But I have actually spoken with a couple of missionaries I got to know at one time, and they made no secret of the fact that they considered it their overriding objective - to make converts. This is what I find objectionable and arrogant and outrageous.

Help the less fortunate by all means, and educate them where they need it, into ways that will lead to their own better ability to fend for themselves, be healthier, and have a better quality of life. But leave the other aspects of their life the heck alone.

* 2 years ago

`black
`black
Admin
Elegant Dawn wrote:Of course not. People must be free to think and believe as they feel the must. Therein, in fact, lies the one major problem that I have always had with missionaries - that their TRUE mission is to convert others to their own belief system. If a person wants to go out into other parts of the world and serve the interests of the less fortunate, let him do what he is able to in that regard, and quit trying to attach "religious strings" to those activities. Missionaries have been notorious, as long as they've been around, for using the trust and gratitude of the people they targeted for their "do-gooding", as a tool to simultaneously manipulate their minds and begin the work of their true mission, which was to co-erce them into abandoning their own cultures and beliefs and embrace, instead, the beliefs of the missionaries themselves.

I will not belittle the genuine good that has been done by missionaries, utilizing generous donations from the public, in support of those activities. But I have actually spoken with a couple of missionaries I got to know at one time, and they made no secret of the fact that they considered it their overriding objective - to make converts. This is what I find objectionable and arrogant and outrageous.

Help the less fortunate by all means, and educate them where they need it, into ways that will lead to their own better ability to fend for themselves, be healthier, and have a better quality of life. But leave the other aspects of their life the heck alone.

* 2 years ago

Well said. But there are many with perverse attitudes who will simply put down what you say by questioning motivation and suggesting self satisfaction etc. This will never end. They know God exists and hate him. This battle is intractable and never ending.

R O I
R O I
be banned from mind?
Service to humanity or Christianity? Service only because being a christian?
Missionary is a misunderstood term, which is taken to denote mission to convert;

Also lets;Define Religon ? James says "That the only pure and undefiled Religon , is the ministry to widows and orphans." Religon is man made. Relation is Christ centered. Ban religon along with ignorance.

Churi
Churi
Admin
Utada Hikaru wrote:be banned from mind?
Missionary is a misunderstood term, which is taken to denote mission to convert;

Also lets;Define Religon ? James says "That the only pure and undefiled Religon , is the ministry to widows and orphans." Religon is man made. Relation is Christ centered. Ban religon along with ignorance.
Yes, my point exactly, it's the flawless of life and law itself that keeps us together.

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
Utada Hikaru wrote:be banned from mind?

Yea, I was basically saying that "Banned....no..."

Kept within the privacy of your own home and your church, and kept out of politics and the public school system....

risingfalls
risingfalls
But in a world without religion, those 10 commandments you put would be non existent...though given those should be basic common sense not to do, it's still good to actually see a rule.

Anyway yep, I think that a lot of religions have somethin good to give to society cuz a lot of them have good practices and teach good things.

spice
spice
gfx team
Also I was thinking over this topic and realised, most of the bad things in the world, of past and present, is because of religion, and i feel that the world would be a lot better if religion was no more. The Jews only died because of their religion, and all the events of today, even the whole fiasco with the prophet Mohammed in Denmark. Saying anyone who insults there religion should be beheaded, I'm sorry but this is completely out of order. Religion should be gone altogether in my eyes. I mean, come on, celebrate members of the church wasting there life away, having no fun whatsoever just to serve a higher being that in my eyes, and obviously most people heres eyes doesn't even exist. What does everyone else think about this extreme view?

`black
`black
Admin
risingfalls wrote:But in a world without religion, those 10 commandments you put would be non existent...though given those should be basic common sense not to do, it's still good to actually see a rule.

Anyway yep, I think that a lot of religions have somethin good to give to society cuz a lot of them have good practices and teach good things.

Religion should have been banned centuries ago. It provides absolutely nothing useful to society and is responsible for wars, deaths and hatred even today.
We should force people to confront their ignorant pig headed beliefs and recorgnise that we are on a ball of earth spinning in a cosmos with no creator. These people cannot accept their own mortality and so they invent god to give them false hope and use it to justify pandering to their bull****.
Get rid of these sick and twisted cults altogether. :chmp:

spice
spice
gfx team
Religion is based off one's opinions and ideals. Thus if it was to be banned the world would be in Mayan, but if we continue to use religion our world will be safe and the people will be calmed as well. Mostly ppl use there religion to keep them going, but if you take that away you may just start a war.

`black
`black
Admin
Elegant Dawn wrote:Religion is based off one's opinions and ideals. Thus if it was to be banned the world would be in Mayan, but if we continue to use religion our world will be safe and the people will be calmed as well. Mostly ppl use there religion to keep them going, but if you take that away you may just start a war.

True but everybody thinks the way that you do or the way life is run so they wouldn't take your word serious, or they wouldnt count your words in existence.

Riku
Riku
The point is one... Riku is a new religion and you all should believe at him :ehehehe:
nuh i was just kiddin... my opinion is that we must believe in a religion until a point... what i mean? ok there is a big power and a mystery power... but all take part here...we live this momment without a little big power to help us to survive in a world where survive is the job of every people... we must and we have to live the moment... this is our world and we are the people who lives upon it!! i dont leave my self to believe in something that after could be fake... i believe first of all in me, then in a big power, and last to my people!!!

http://timescon.blogspot.com/
xion,
xion,
Site Staff
Silentaura wrote:
Elegant Dawn wrote:Religion is based off one's opinions and ideals. Thus if it was to be banned the world would be in Mayan, but if we continue to use religion our world will be safe and the people will be calmed as well. Mostly ppl use there religion to keep them going, but if you take that away you may just start a war.

True but everybody thinks the way that you do or the way life is run so they wouldn't take your word serious, or they wouldnt count your words in existence.
I'm corresponding to this answer. Thus if that was the case then we would have had numerous accounts of Protests, and what not.

Trigger
Trigger
Religion is a way of life. It shouldn't be banned because ppl have rules and other things they may need to follow to meet there goal. And if that standard may continue everyone would fall apart due to the inactivity of the religion. As the pope said .... ""

Balthier
Balthier
I honestly don't think religion should be banned because it's a freedom of speech, and it's for people that or who want to express themselves to something they are devoted to which is a good idea and intact a lovely way to help yourself grow as a person.

https://khsite.forumotion.com
risingfalls
risingfalls
Balthier wrote:I honestly don't think religion should be banned because it's a freedom of speech, and it's for people that or who want to express themselves to something they are devoted to which is a good idea and intact a lovely way to help yourself grow as a person.

This and might I add that if it does become banned, how will we know what's right from wrong based off of our traditional practices based through morals and guidance from our religious ways?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here