• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hunger Games!!!

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1The Hunger Games!!! Empty The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:10

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
So I debated whether to put a thread of this series in the literature section, but I realized I also want to talk about expectations for the movie coming around in March :)
My hopes are pretty high as of now, which may be a bad thing considering how most movies after books don't do it any justice. But I feel the cast fits most of the roles almost perfectly! Especially the main three, Katniss, Gale, and Peeta.
[youtube][/youtube]

Before I keep ranting, let yourself be known if you have read The Hunger Games! <3

*for some reason preview isn't working, so this post is subject to be edited.

#2The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:27

Sora
Sora
The Official one is amazing! I don't know why, but I think it's sooooo epic! I watched i so many times.. :O
i really can't wait for the movie, and i wanna watch it so friggin bad!!!!!! LOL, Hunger games is my favorite series!

I don't understand why it has to be so late in 2012 :chmp:

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13

#3The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:34

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
Ditto! I've replayed it over and over just so I can catch EVERY detail, haha.

And I'm glad it is in 2012, just so enough anxiety can build before the release xD but they'd better not blow it.
TBH i was concerned if all of the futuristic stuff and the Capitol would be mediocre. Like, really lame CGI in most low-budget movies. But from the looks of the trailer, I think it DEFINITELY has some potential!

Also, Cinna being black had to grow on me initially, since I imagined him being super androgynous (and white). But the movie i think will work him well! (not too masculine i guess).

#4The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:35

`black
`black
Admin
I hope they keep all the action, but I wouldn't mind a bit of a love triangle. That makes it interesting. They shouldn't stress on it now because Catching Fire is when it's mentioned.As long as it's not like Twilight because then I'll have to end up sending like over 9000 hate mails to the director. It should be more like a mix of Harry Potter (plot wise), Sucker Punch (sucky movie, but AWESOME action sequences), and good acting (Kristen Stewart, you amaze me at how you managed to survive this long as Bella). The action is what's going to keep me hooked. I like the fire and I like the archery, but that was just a teaser, Will the director keep it? Hopefully.......

http://www.khsite.net

#5The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:43

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
Silentaura wrote:I hope they keep all the action, but I wouldn't mind a bit of a love triangle. That makes it interesting. They shouldn't stress on it now because Catching Fire is when it's mentioned.As long as it's not like Twilight because then I'll have to end up sending like over 9000 hate mails to the director. It should be more like a mix of Harry Potter (plot wise), Sucker Punch (sucky movie, but AWESOME action sequences), and good acting (Kristen Stewart, you amaze me at how you managed to survive this long as Bella). The action is what's going to keep me hooked. I like the fire and I like the archery, but that was just a teaser, Will the director keep it? Hopefully.......

Good point :/ For me, it's another one of those movies that I feel would reach full potential as R-rated, just so all of the fighting and gore (*shudder* Cato scene) and even romance (Peeta and Katniss kissing literally every second) would be included. But, to state the obvious, most of the audience is around the same early teen/young adult age, and we must account for the youngens (lol i'm one to talk, i know).

#6The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 00:51

Across
Across
so far from the trailer it looks like a good movie. i didnt read the book but a friend told me that they have to fight for food right? something like that but the trailer is epic awesomeness.

#7The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 01:01

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
Across wrote:so far from the trailer it looks like a good movie. i didnt read the book but a friend told me that they have to fight for food right? something like that but the trailer is epic awesomeness.

STOP RIGHT THERE!

Go get the book and sit your butt down in a corner to read it XD at least before seeing the movie.

#8The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 01:05

Noctis
Noctis
I love it so much! And I can't wait for the film!!
I'm really happy with the casting as well - when I first heard who was playing who I was a little nervous... BUT having seen the trailer I think they're all amazing. :) The only issues I have are that Effie looks a little older than I always imagined her to be when reading the books, and I don't like Haymitch's hair! :p I was also thinking that Jennifer Lawrence might be a bit too old to play Katniss, but she looks about the right age in the trailer :)

#9The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 01:13

xurasim
xurasim
Site Staff
I think it was absolutely amazing! At first I was hesitant about it because of who they picked for the character s , but after seeing the trailer, I love all of them! The music in the trailer was perfect and I can tell the whole score is going to be brilliant. I thought eddie and prim looked so much like how I pictured them. I can't wait until march 23!

#10The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 01:26

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
Noctis wrote:I love it so much! And I can't wait for the film!!
I'm really happy with the casting as well - when I first heard who was playing who I was a little nervous... BUT having seen the trailer I think they're all amazing. :) The only issues I have are that Effie looks a little older than I always imagined her to be when reading the books, and I don't like Haymitch's hair! :p I was also thinking that Jennifer Lawrence might be a bit too old to play Katniss, but she looks about the right age in the trailer :)

My thoughts exactly about Effie! and LOL i think Woody Harrelson will be a great haymitch. the hair will probably grow on ya ;]
I like the thought of Katniss looking a bit mature for her age too. Fits the personality well :)

Moogle12 wrote:I think it was absolutely amazing! At first I was hesitant about it because of who they picked for the character s , but after seeing the trailer, I love all of them! The music in the trailer was perfect and I can tell the whole score is going to be brilliant. I thought eddie and prim looked so much like how I pictured them. I can't wait until march 23!

Remind me again who eddie is? >>
EDIT: WAIT you meant effie. silly moogle12 and dem typos.

#11The Hunger Games!!! Empty Re: The Hunger Games!!! 2011-12-07, 01:34

xurasim
xurasim
Site Staff
Oh right! Sorry lol yea it was a typo.xD I seen another trailer with katniss running through the forest being chased down by large jets of fire.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here