• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Days why the "/2"?

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Days why the "/2"? Empty Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-11, 08:49

DragonSeeker
DragonSeeker
This may be a stupid question but I don't know the answer!

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Ok, "Kingdom Hearts" is the game name; "358 [..] Days' is the number of Days that Roxas spent in the Organization XIII; but why "/2"?
What does the number "2" and the "/" are doing there?

And when you speak the game you usually call "Kingdom Hearts Days", but if you're saying the full name you say "Kingdom Hearts three hundred fifty-eight bar* two days"?

*I do not know the name that english language gives to "/", in portuguese we use "barra", so "bar"?

#2Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-14, 15:20

Roxas
Roxas
I think this is a great example of Noruma trolling his fans.

For me

at first, when I beat the game, I thought that the "/2" mean that it went "over into Kingdom Hearts 2", since it ended on The First Day of Kingdom Hearts 2. Yes, I realize how stupid that sounds, but that was my first reaction after beating the game. The "/2" may also mean the days he left the Organization before he was taken by DiZ.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414

#3Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-14, 15:26

L'arc en ciel
L'arc en ciel
Admin
I initially read it as "three hundred fifty eight and a half days" but come to think of it that doesn't make much sense. From looking it up really quickly, it might have something to do with 358 days through the eyes of 2, aka roxas and xion

#4Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-14, 15:34

Riku_Keyblade
Riku_Keyblade
I thought the "/two" was to symbolize its status of stretching into the timeline of two things.

Roxas's days in the Organization, and Chain of Memories, since they happen at the same time.

I, due to habits, pronounce it "Kingdom Hearts 358 and a half Days", I'm not sure why. I believe it's just because of how it's written and because I've been taught that a number with a /2 after it means a half most of the time.

#5Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-14, 16:11

Sora
Sora
/2?

At first I thought it was because Xion and Roxas were sharing powers and Sora's Memories...

But It IS true, that Xion doesn't live the whole 358 Days. Only 351-ish.

So maybe it's between Roxas and Sora?
They share memories, and their Keyblade. (The keyblade Roxas uses in Days and the one Sora has are the same. but since Sora was asleep During most-The whole time they didn't over lap.)
(and yeah, I know up until day 28 both use it at the same time, but Sora was using Kingdom Key's CARD. not the actual thing, it may be possible...)

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13

#6Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-14, 18:27

Roxas
Roxas
Sora wrote:/2?

At first I thought it was because Xion and Roxas were sharing powers and Sora's Memories...

But It IS true, that Xion doesn't live the whole 358 Days. Only 351-ish.

So maybe it's between Roxas and Sora?
They share memories, and their Keyblade. (The keyblade Roxas uses in Days and the one Sora has are the same. but since Sora was asleep During most-The whole time they didn't over lap.)
(and yeah, I know up until day 28 both use it at the same time, but Sora was using Kingdom Key's CARD. not the actual thing, it may be possible...)

Or I think that it's because it was mainly about Roxas and Xion (just my personal opinion).
Either that or yeah, because it branches into KH2.
Then again, it could also be because it shows the origins of the friendship of Axel and Roxas and how it developed, but i think that's the least likely reason (again, in my opinion)

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414

#7Days why the "/2"? Empty Re: Days why the "/2"? 2011-12-16, 14:11

Balthier
Balthier
I thought it was because two days didn't count for zion nor roxas, being as they are nobodies so they may have had two extra days and a half to be completed? not sure, but thats a good question.

https://khsite.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here