• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

3DS and Vita. An unreasonable comparison

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
ts sad to see this amount of negativity surrounding the Vita.

I'm still looking forward to it, but the situation does seam a bit bleak looking at this as a long term investment.

They definitely do need the big guns from the third party perspective, the Final Fantasies (even remakes would do, X being a great start), Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, etc.

Which brings the question. Did the 3ds had that much in the pipeline at this point of its launch? Because we appear to be making the same mistake as we have done before. Judging a lineup of games of two consoles in two very different points of their life cycles.

One has just launched in only one region, while the other has been out for months in all regions. One would think the perceived state of both consoles when comparing them to be held to a much stricter and reasonable standard.

Your thoughts?

nova
nova
ve seen both getting hated on equal quantities ^^

When the 3DS launched people were laughing at its launch line-up and praising the Vita. Now that the Vita launched with an equally weak line-up the other side is making fun of it for the same reasons.

Its silly but that's how it works. And you know, when people want a piece of hardware so bad , titles that you normally wouldn't want start becoming more appealing.

risingfalls
risingfalls
Yes. Nintendo handhelds have a history of producing software specifically for that takes advantage of the particular hardware, Vita - like PSP - will simply offer scaled back versions of what is already available on PS3, Uncharted-lite, Little Big Planet-lite and Killzone-lite for some examples.

SQEX
SQEX
gfx team
keyblade34 wrote:ve seen both getting hated on equal quantities ^^

When the 3DS launched people were laughing at its launch line-up and praising the Vita. Now that the Vita launched with an equally weak line-up the other side is making fun of it for the same reasons.

Its silly but that's how it works. And you know, when people want a piece of hardware so bad , titles that you normally wouldn't want start becoming more appealing.

Off to a great start. Thanks Mihael for the thoughtful comment as always.

At the end of the day, I really do want both handhelds to do incredibly well.

In a perfect world, they would both sell more than a 100 million consoles :).

Angel
Angel
I truly don't like the 3DS or Vita line-ups!

Nintendo is in the hole. They had to drop the price on the 3DS. Vita is coming out next month. I'm not upgrading from my DS or PSP til I have multiple titles to enjoy.

http://www.khplanet.com
`black
`black
Admin
The launch line-up is pretty bad when it comes from a system sales perspective, there's really no way of getting around the fact that most gamers with a clue will be skipping the launch and wait for the console to pick up steam.

Saying that the PSVita has a great launch lineup is just simply deluding yourself because it has literally only three exclusive games worth their salt and one of them is download only.

http://www.khsite.net
Lord Terra
Lord Terra
I have this feeling that the best PS Vita titles will inevitably make it to PS3 anyway. It may take a while, but I'm sure you'll see Resistance Retribution and Burning Skies in some kind of HD collection soon enough, or maybe they'll release Uncharted as PSN title. Many games are already releasing on both systems, some even "transfar". Sure some are designed around the two touch screens, but most could be ported I'm sure.

It just makes me feel like the platform as a whole is pointless. I'm somewhat hoping that it'll have a terrible launch as well, just so that Sony will get the remodeled version out sooner at maybe $200. I tend to think of handhelds that way already, I practically consider the 3DS in beta right now until Nintendo launch the new model with another analog stick and longer battery life (hopefully still at $180). Also where's Elite Beat Agent 3D?

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
risingfalls wrote:Yes. Nintendo handhelds have a history of producing software specifically for that takes advantage of the particular hardware, Vita - like PSP - will simply offer scaled back versions of what is already available on PS3, Uncharted-lite, Little Big Planet-lite and Killzone-lite for some examples.

LBP Vita seems at least a bit better than LBP 2, with how the interface works and all

nova
nova
Now that I think about it.......................

I can't even recall the last time a console or handheld actually had an excellent launch line-up of games. Just as the 3DS fell off in sales shortly after launch so has the Vita. Obviously now that the 3DS has more enticing titles for the eastern and western markets it is selling far better in comparison to the Vita but it has only been out in Japan for about 3 weeks in comparison to the roughly 10 months the 3DS has been on the market.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here