• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travon Martin Incident

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Travon Martin Incident Empty Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-01, 22:56

spice
spice
gfx team
The Travon Martin case has me wondering about another case that happened within a mile or two of me. This happened a couple of years ago. A man shot and killed another man he claimed had broken into his house. The man he shot and killed happened to be his landlord. What is odd about this case was that, just like in the Travon Martin case, there was not much of an investigation into the shooting. The landlord also owned the house across the street from the shooter that he and his wife lived in sometimes. There was something in one of the newspaper articles I read that said something may have been going on between the landlord's wife and the shooter. The point is that here is another Florida shooting with basically no investigation. Since the Travon Martin shooting, I've been hearing more stories like the one that happened by me. I've heard people blaming the "stand your ground" law but although I haven't read the law, I can almost be sure that the law doesn't say shootings should not be investigated when the shooter claims self defense. So what is going on here? I do not disagree with a "stand your ground" law but I certainly think the police should determine if the shooting was really self defense.

#2Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-01, 23:12

Noctis
Noctis
I honestly feel sorry for the poor guy. It was a racism act towards african americans. He chased the boy and the only thing he had was a bag of skittles and a juice. Justice should be served and I hope they put the officer in jail for life.

#3Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-01, 23:19

cyberman
cyberman
I don't think he should have been killed because of a hoodie? I mean come on, this was a rasict act against blacks as noctis stated above. I believe the government is still investigating this very harsh. But what I don't get is that why are the investigating when they saw witnesses beating the boy down the bone.

#4Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-01, 23:28

Sora
Sora
Dx tragic ending for him and his family if only he didn't run. Bad timing, bad place.

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13

#5Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-02, 23:09

Roxas
Roxas
Where things start to look racist, however, is when you consider that Trayvon was Black, Zimmerman is White (or at least, White-ish), the cops are White, AND this happened down in the South where, not even 50 years ago, double standards based on White vs. Black were VERY prevalent. Maybe the cops' behavior was not due to racism but unfortunately, they've yet to explain their very suspicious behavior.

Let's put it another way, the FBI does not normally get involved with what should normally have been a local matter for the local police to handle. The FBI said one of the things they want to determine is if there was a civil rights infraction here.

I agree that most of the time people are way too eager to throw the race card. Unfortunately, some times the race card is warranted and even more unfortunate is that this might actually be one of those cases.

It's also important to point out that Trayvon's parents did not throw the race card. They simply want equal treatment for their son's shooting under the law, and more than a month later it hasn't happened. The cops refuse to do a proper investigation, despite any number of bits of information that at the very least should warrant a closer inspection of Zimmerman's story and claim of self defense

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414

#6Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-03, 21:07

risingfalls
risingfalls
Sora wrote:Dx tragic ending for him and his family if only he didn't run. Bad timing, bad place.

What does that mean? Even if he didn't run it was still a hate crime towards black. That is why people are wearing hoodies and eating skittles/ice team arizona.

#7Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-06, 22:57

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
Everyone keeps saying that it was pure hate crime other says it was racist. Who knows what really happened except for travon and the witness.

#8Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-08, 17:19

Angel
Angel
Sgt. Pepper wrote:Everyone keeps saying that it was pure hate crime other says it was racist. Who knows what really happened except for travon and the witness.
It was a hate crime. You must of not heard the tapes.

http://www.khplanet.com

#9Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-04-08, 21:03

Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper
[quote="Legacy"]
Sgt. Pepper wrote:Everyone keeps saying that it was pure hate crime other says it was racist. Who knows what really happened except for travon and the witness.
It was a hate crime. You must of not heard the tapes.[/quote

A tape doesn't verity anything. The person's motive and anger is what really explains everything. Who knew why the police officer did what he did.

#10Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-05-08, 11:34

`black
`black
Admin
They are still in the process of deciding whether or not they should put the cop in jail or strip his badge as a officer, I believe this is racial discrimination on the LAW behalf.

http://www.khsite.net

#11Travon Martin Incident Empty Re: Travon Martin Incident 2012-05-26, 11:52

spice
spice
gfx team
All good points, but I was wondering, do you think the incident of death is still on trail? I mean the officer killed him because he was running and he had a hoodie on.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here