• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donald and Goofy making they're comeback in KH3?

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cyberman
cyberman
At the end of KH3D, Riku passed the exam but Sora failed and had to retake it. At the end credits we saw him go back to the sleeping worlds to prove himself. After KH1.5 (and a possible KH2.5), is Square going to make KH3 next? If so, then I think the game should begin with Sora coming back from the sleeping worlds as a Keyblade Master and seeing that everyone is gone, taken by Master Xehanort, except for two people: Donald and Goofy. In the Secret Ending for KH3D we saw Donald and Goofy talking about how they want to do something important like how they helped all the worlds in the first 2 games. This may be foreshadowing that throughout KH3 Donald and Goofy will be Sora's companions from beginning to end. I mean fans have wanted Donald and Goofy for awhile now, and since this is the finale of the series, it would be amazing to see the trio from the original KH back as a team. Tell me your guys's thoughts, I've had this theory in my head for quite sometime and I'm wondering if you guys feel the same way. I mean come on, we all want to hear this again:"ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!"

Roxas
Roxas
A lot of fans want to have sora traveling with donald and goofy again so I would imagine nomura going that route in the upcoming kh3 unless stated otherwise.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414
Carey
Carey
Site Manager
The fandom seems pretty divided imo about who should be Sora's companions or who should even be protagonists. In one corner we have those who want classic SDG back because Sora's almost always gone on his adventures with them and they were with each other since the beginning but then in the other corner we have those who want Sora+original protagonists because some fans have been waiting since the beginning for SRK to team up or really want to see him work with Aqua and Ven. Then in a sort of sub category the suggestion has been thrown around to have everyone divided into teams and we play through KH switching back and forth among various parties.

Personally I just want SDG back. I really don't care about having a full team consisting of the super kewl Keyblade wielders. I started this journey with Donald and Goofy by my side and I want to end it with them dammit! >:I

http://twitter.com
cyberman
cyberman
Carey wrote:The fandom seems pretty divided imo about who should be Sora's companions or who should even be protagonists. In one corner we have those who want classic SDG back because Sora's almost always gone on his adventures with them and they were with each other since the beginning but then in the other corner we have those who want Sora+original protagonists because some fans have been waiting since the beginning for SRK to team up or really want to see him work with Aqua and Ven. Then in a sort of sub category the suggestion has been thrown around to have everyone divided into teams and we play through KH switching back and forth among various parties.

Personally I just want SDG back. I really don't care about having a full team consisting of the super kewl Keyblade wielders. I started this journey with Donald and Goofy by my side and I want to end it with them dammit! >:I
True, but....

I don't think there is even so much of a division as you make it out to be. I doubt that many people would be opposed to having Donald and Goofy back at all, I think the only thing that would upset those fans who want to have the other main characters involved more would if they were stuck with only Sora, Donald and Goofy the whole time.

Just as you personally don't care about the "super kewl Keyblade Wielders" some just don't care enough about "lame Donald and Goofy" to have them forced as your team the whole time. Even during the times of KH 2 where we didn't have so much main original characters already there were those who would have preferred Roxas and/or Riku to Donald and Goofy.
The SDG-team is also highly endowed with a high amount of nostalgia, and nostalgia does not hold such a high priority for everyone.

Riku_Keyblade
Riku_Keyblade
I hope they come back for kh3 at the very least. It wouldn't feel right to finish the geezernort saga without donald and goofy there like they were way back in kh1.

xion,
xion,
Site Staff
Even though I miss the party system, I think I slowly began to fall in love with doing it all solo, or in the case of KH3D, with my Dream Eaters.

But yes, I want Donald and Goofy to return to our side. They are waiting for him at the Mysterious Tower. ;A; They started their journey together and even though they had a ton of issues along the way they've been together through it all.

I say I want a party system, but this is because I've become spoiled by being given a variety of characters to play and to use in a party. KH3 should keep it classic, though, and give us the good ol' trinity Sora, Donald, Goofy.

Be prepared everybody. Kingdom Hearts 3 wil be full of "Sora, Donald, Goofy". More than KH2. It's gonna be great!

Across
Across
Has anyone considered the possibility of riku traveling with SDG? It would get a chance for riku to develop his relationship with donald and goofy. I've always been interested in seeing the four of them travel together.

nova
nova
A cool thing that they could do, is that they could do it like how some Final Fantasy games work their parties. Like the party consists of 6-9 part members that travel together throughout the game and you can control three at a time. And you can change which three you want out at the same time and all 6-9 people get the same amount of XP. The closest thing I can think of is what they did in Final Fantasy 13. And "swooshbarnes" I admit it would be cool to see Riku talk to Donald and Goofy. Now that I think about it, has Riku spoken a single word to them???

DragonSeeker
DragonSeeker
He has. Like when he joked about their intelligence in KH2 ("Sora never did pick the brightest friends".) However, much of their interaction has happened when we don't see it. That's one thing that has bothered me greatly throughout the series. There is way too much off-screen interaction. That's why I really hope the party all travels together in KHIII, as we could finally see most of the main characters interactions.

risingfalls
risingfalls
DragonSeeker wrote:He has. Like when he joked about their intelligence in KH2 ("Sora never did pick the brightest friends".) However, much of their interaction has happened when we don't see it. That's one thing that has bothered me greatly throughout the series. There is way too much off-screen interaction. That's why I really hope the party all travels together in KHIII, as we could finally see most of the main characters interactions.

This. I feel like there's so much happening behind the scenes that would make everything richer and more beautiful, if we actually got to see it. I strongly hope KHIII is better at showing everyone's relationship with each other equally. Kairi especially. Even when she's in a few scenes with people, all she really says are things like, "Look at that." -sigh-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here