• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Started by ,
Topic rating:

Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3? Vote_lcap100%Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3? Vote_rcap 100% [ 8 ]
Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3? Vote_lcap0%Do you want Flowmotion in Kingdom Hearts 3? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DragonSeeker
DragonSeeker
Does anyone really want them to start using flowmotion in every KH game from now on, like Nomura wants to do? I don't think it added anything worthy to the gameplay. Using it felt extremely cheap. There is no challenge in the platforming, so as long as you know where a chest is you can get it with no problems. And you can deal huge amounts of damage to single or multiple enemies. And you can do that over and over without needing to wait for a gauge to refill, or the command to reload, or even take up deck slots. I mean WHAT IS THE POINT? It just makes the game less fun. I prefer to use moves like jump, aerial dash, and glide to ATTEMPT to get to difficult platforms. Flowmotion just lowers the satisfaction I get from clearing out a group of enemies or finding a chest.

So I ask again. Does anyone REALLY want flowmotion in KH3? Personally, I'd be extremely disappointed.

Roxas
Roxas
Ill agree that flowmotion took away the challenge when platforming and reaching for treasures and stuff. As for the combat I though it was a well balanced element. My first playthrough was on proud which I really underestimated and im currently working on critical. Against these proud/critical enemies, hacking away with the keyblade doesnt do much and of course commands/links need to reload. So flowmotion tends to get me out of some nice jams. However they do leave you open to receive damage. Sometimes (especially on critical!!!) I didnt even finish connecting the move when I get KO'd by who knows what. So yeah I dont think it necessarily "cheapens" combat.

Do I wanna see it again in future KH titles?? Meh. At first I thought it was the coolest thing ever but now I probably wouldnt mind if it didnt pop up again. Since Donald/Goofy and the party system will probably be back (not to mention the possibilty summons, with whatever new crap they wanna throw in) I think it would be a big mess if they just threw in a buncha combat elements...unless the games gonna be tough.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414
nova
nova
I just think it unnecessarily changes the way I play Kingdom Hearts, too much. I thought the addition of the deck commands in BBS was the perfect addition because it kind of blended the way you play KH1 with the reaction commands of KH2.

When I first played flowmotion on the KH3D demo I hated it. I could barely control the way I moved. But after and hour or so I was unstoppable. You can just gain unlimited height and bounce along the wall to either skip over an entire section of the map or locate hidden chests, which to me feels like cheating.

On low difficulties it makes combat a joke, and on high difficulties I think it can both make combat more frustrating or not so challenging. Sometimes I try to dodge an attack or get some space between me and enemies to follow up with a deck command, and I hit a wall or pole and get sent into flowmotion. That can be a death sentence in a difficult battle.

I really just feel like flowmotion makes Kingdom Hearts less fun. Its not necessary with other movement abilities like a good dodge move and a secondary jump. And Sora can already basically fly! I find using superglide much more fun than using wall kicks to get around. I'm not upset about them using flowmotion in this game. At least it makes sense that Sora and Riku have such over-the-top powers in their dreams, but I really, really don't want flowmotion to be continued to be used in future Kingdom Hearts games that don't take place in Sora's dreams.

Noctis
Noctis
I think flowmotion could useful in certain situations. I mean how often would you use flowmotion, just like the summon ability. I mean what benefit would it do in kingdom hearts 3 is the real question.....

Riku_Keyblade
Riku_Keyblade
I personally enjoyed it. If anything, it might encourage them to keep making the environments as expansive as they were in 3D. I hated how small and linear the areas felt in KH2, so anything that keeps us from going back to that would be nice for me.

xion,
xion,
Site Staff
There might be a way to compromise between the two here.

I can see how flow motion defeats the purpose of platforming and yet, at the same time, it's pretty fun. To get the best of both, why not water down flow motion slightly? As in, for instance, no infinite wall jumps to scale up anything. If there's some kind of gauge which limits the amount of flow motion you can use in one go (and a cool down time), maybe that'd work well. You could still implement platforming, just much more spaced out.

Though some people also say that platforming was never a huge presence in KH to begin with, not even in KH1 (Re:coded maybe). So it's not like they were losing much to begin with, and there still is that rudimentary level of platforming in DDD, plus the expansive environments are really catered for free flow motion. It's not quite as challenging, no, but it's definitely fun.

nova
nova
Right, plus Nomura wanted to go down another route when traveling from world to world. Soo, even still I don't think it's necessary to always include flowmotion in every Kingdom Hearts game, fyi.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here