• Discover what's new with the latest unofficial Kingdom Hearts III trailer recently presented at Square Enix's conference. Featuring new gameplay, new worlds, new outfits and more.   Read More Here
  • Fans of the highly-anticipated title Kingdom Hearts χ unchained for mobile was recently introduced at Square-Enix's conference on June 17th. Interesting gameplay on new secrets, worlds, and characters.  Read More Here
  • With all the excitement leading up to Square-Enix E3, fans around the world are anticipating the release of the new title : Kingdom Hearts III. Will Kingdom Hearts III make a debue this June?   Read More Here
  • What are your thoughts on Sora's new outfit for the latest Kingdom Hearts title : Kingdom Hearts 3? Discover what the controversy is behind this title.  Read More Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kingdom Hearts 3D- Things We Know So Far

Started by ,
Topic rating:

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Roxas
Roxas
It seems like Most forums do not have these. So a basics to this is, I have gathered the information that has leaked about Kingdom Hearts 3D and put them into this thread. I will constinly update it so that all questions are answered. Basically I Call them "Things We Know So Far" threads. It makes things much easier and sometimes answers all questions. I will do this for all the kingdom hearts/final fantasy games.

SPOILER ALERT!!

Release Date: TBA
Developers: Square Enix's 1st Production Department
System: Nintendo 3DS

Plot
"What If the revived Xehanort isn't alone."

The destruction of Ansem(Xehanort's Heartless) and Xemnas at the hands of Sora and Riku, Xehanort is revived. At the end of Kingdom Hearts: reCoded Yen Sid response to the revival of Xehanort by summoning Sora and Riku, with plans on putting them through the Mark of Mastery Exam in order for them to become Keyblade Masters and counter whatever Xehanort has up is sleeve.
The plot will connect with every Kingdom Hearts game made, including 358/2 Days and Birth by sleep. Tetsuya Nomura stated that like Birth by Sleep, "the story is on par with that of a numbered title". In an interview, Tetsuya Nomura said the game will take part on the Mark of Mastery, but not completely, and by the end of the game, both Sora and Riku will have new clothing. Though Kairi has wielded a keyblade she will not be a playable character, nor will she take place in the Mark of Mastery Exam.

Setting
Like all the other Kingdom Hearts games in the series Dream Drop Distance will again be spread across several worlds. A lot of the Original Kingdom Hearts worlds will return, but instead of reusing the old Disney Worlds, Dream Drop Distance will have an all new selection of Disney Worlds. The development team is currently planning which worlds to put in the game that will match the plot.

Enemies
It seems like their are no added enemies, just the returning favorites like the heartless and nobodies. It is unsure if the unverse will be seen in this game, but because it is said that they have all been extinct the possibility is low. As the image below shows, sora is seen fighting the Twilight Throne:

The Twilight Throne isn't the only old face you will remember. As the trailer comes to an end, we see Riku facing Xehanort's Heartless in the Second District of Traverse Town:

Kingdom Hearts 3D- Things We Know So Far Riku_AnsemSoD
As well as we see Sora facing Xemnas, Xehanort's nobody:
 Kingdom Hearts 3D- Things We Know So Far Sora_Xemnas

What this means, we have yet to find out, but stay tuned for updates and I will let you know!!

Gameplay
The gameplay for Dream Drop Distance is said to be similar to "Final Fantasy Versus 13". It will change the gameplay from the other Kingdom Hearts games. In this game you will use bold new actions, being able to use the environment around you, like swinging from poles as show in the trailer below. This new way of fighting will probably take the place of the "action commands" that were in the previous game, but that is unconfirmed. Switching between the stories two playable characters, Sora and Riku, the styles of fighting along with the storyline will change. A new "gauge" has been added, called the "Drop Gauge", little is known about this, but I will update it when I recieve more information, Nomura has stated that it will be easier to understand once we play the game.

Kingdom Hearts 3D- Things We Know So Far Sora_3D_Gameplay

Kingdom Hearts 3D- Things We Know So Far Riku_Gamplay_3D

http://uk.youtube.com/user/DocCd23414
Sora
Sora
Noooo!! Half of the story you gotta play as Riku...? Okay, not so sure if I'm buying this anymore, I hate Riku with passion. I don't like the sound of that battle system either, I also hate Final Fantasy, so this doesn't sound good. Meh, guess I'll buy it, though only if I can play it with my old DS.

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13
Carey
Carey
Site Manager
Sora wrote:Noooo!! Half of the story you gotta play as Riku...? Okay, not so sure if I'm buying this anymore, I hate Riku with passion. I don't like the sound of that battle system either, I also hate Final Fantasy, so this doesn't sound good. Meh, guess I'll buy it, though only if I can play it with my old DS.

That's a good thing, we hardly ever get to play as Riku, only Sora and Roxas mainly. I believe Nomura made Riku playable without the game to add to the spin for the 2012 TGSW event.

http://twitter.com
`black
`black
Admin
The story line will be epic nonetheless seeing as Riku is playable. Not to mention Xehanort has some sort of key relation to this game as it is.

http://www.khsite.net
Noctis
Noctis
I like it.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame's World is confirmed.

risingfalls
risingfalls
Wasn't it already destined for Riku to be the main protagonist of the story? I mean was around when Sora was sleep between KH1 and KH2. That's when he was transformed into Heartless xehanort.

R O I
R O I
I can't for this game to come out!!! even though i don't have the dsi, you can still play it on the regular ds but you won't get the 3d parts of the game. :( which sucks! i also can't wait to play the hunchback story

xion,
xion,
Site Staff
It's funny how Riku is always fighting Ansem and Sora is fighting Xemnas in the series.

Balthier
Balthier
xion, wrote:It's funny how Riku is always fighting Ansem and Sora is fighting Xemnas in the series.

Same here, but I believe that Ansem is going to try and test Riku to use the power of dark to make him fail the mark of the mastery test. Xemnas just wants Kingdom Hearts so I hope Neku helps them both out in time.

https://khsite.forumotion.com
Hitame
Hitame
This is so awesome! I can't wait for the game to come out! But we can still play it even if we don't have the 3ds right?

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com
xion,
xion,
Site Staff
Hitame wrote:This is so awesome! I can't wait for the game to come out! But we can still play it even if we don't have the 3ds right?

That's the best thing about it. Kingdom Hearts 3D is really for the DSi to see the 3D effects. But you can still play it on the DS if you don't have the DSi. I'm excited too!

Hitame
Hitame
That's so cool! Now I really can't wait for the game to come out! I'm so excited, I'm asking for it for Christmas! If it's out by then! :3

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com
Carey
Carey
Site Manager
Utada Hikaru wrote:i also can't wait to play the hunchback story

I too am ready to get into the hunchback story with Riku and how he saves him from the Ansem. It's a good thing SQ added that disney movie, I was thrilled to hear the good news.

http://twitter.com
risingfalls
risingfalls
The World Ends With You lead character Neku made an appearance in the TGS trailer for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance last week. There has to be something to that, right?

Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed in this week’s Famitsu magazine, and they asked him if we should expect a sequel to the much-loved DS game. According to Andriasang, Nomura said that Neku’s appearance could be taken as notice of something to come, adding that something is being worked on.

While there’s nothing solid here, especially when it comes to sequels or new games, I think it’s safe to take his hint and look forward to something beyond just a cameo in the latest Kingdom Hearts game.

Riku_Keyblade
Riku_Keyblade
Who's excited to see all the TWEWY characters in game?

Enigma
Enigma
Riku_Keyblade wrote:Who's excited to see all the TWEWY characters in game?

I know I am!
The Tron Legacy and Three Musketeer worlds are what's really getting me hyped up. I'm curious on how the former will fit in-canon, considering Space Paranoids.

DragonSeeker
DragonSeeker
Enigma wrote:

I know I am!
The Tron Legacy and Three Musketeer worlds are what's really getting me hyped up. I'm curious on how the former will fit in-canon, considering Space Paranoids.

Me too, and I'm excited to see that Axel is going to be in the game too. They couldn't get rid of everyones favorite antagonist that easily. :p

Enigma
Enigma
DragonSeeker wrote:
Enigma wrote:

I know I am!

Me too, and I'm excited to see that Axel is going to be in the game too. They couldn't get rid of everyones favorite antagonist that easily. :p

I know right? Thankfully, I've come to really warm up to him thanks to Days, so all's well with that. :)

nova
nova
I wonder why axel is in his organization coat if he didn't join the organization after zexion and the rest of the original members first started it? Since we see zexion in his lab coat and leaxus in his body guard outfit. hmmmm, change....

cyberman
cyberman
keyblade34 wrote:I wonder why axel is in his organization coat if he didn't join the organization after zexion and the rest of the original members first started it? Since we see zexion in his lab coat and leaxus in his body guard outfit. hmmmm, change....

I was wondering that too, or if that scene is canon and it never happened. Although Nomura might explain that scene, and why Lexus is in his guard suite.

Cameron
Cameron
I have been saying for years that I want The Huchback of Notre Dame world to be added to the game, and they're finally doing it.

This feels like I'm 6 years old in a toy store and I can choose a toy that I want. n.n

Trigger
Trigger
Yea it's about time, I was hoping and maybe they add a pixar world in it as well. Like Cars!

Sora
Sora
Trigger wrote:Yea it's about time, I was hoping and maybe they add a pixar world in it as well. Like Cars!

I doubt pixas, because if so I would like to see WALLE-E in the kingdom hearts series too. That is if Nomura decides to add him.

http://www.khsite.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=13
risingfalls
risingfalls
Sora wrote:
Trigger wrote:Yea it's about time, I was hoping and maybe they add a pixar world in it as well. Like Cars!

I doubt pixas, because if so I would like to see WALLE-E in the kingdom hearts series too. That is if Nomura decides to add him.

You mean Pixar. No they wouldn't, they want to keep the game magical and full of the old disney characters. It's grate to finally see Pinocchio and Hugo from Notre Dame, infact this may be on of Nomura's greatest move he's ever done.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Order Here